Access to the library is restricted to the following groups of people:
- Current Loyola University Chicago students, faculty, and staff:
- Must present a current and valid university issued ID card at the entrance of the library to gain access.
- Current Loyola law and paralegal students should obtain a current law/paralegal school validation sticker from the circulation desk.
- Alumni of Loyola University Chicago:
- Must present their official Alumni Card, a current government issued photo ID, and be signed in at the entrance of the library to gain access.
- Alumni are not permitted to bring in guests.
- Practicing attorneys:
- Must present their current ARDC card and a current government issued photo ID, and be signed in at the entrance of the library to gain access.
- Practicing attorneys are not permitted to bring in guests.
- Visiting Law Students from ABA-accredited Law Schools
- Must present their current university issued student photo ID and be signed in at the entrance of the library to gain access.
- Visiting Law Students are not permitted to bring in guests.
This access ID Policy is intended to help ensure the safety of our patrons and the security of the building and its contents. Loyola University Chicago School of Law Library reserves the right to bar or remove any individual who causes disruption or poses a threat to library staff, other patrons, or the security of the library’s collections.
Anyone with questions about these policies may contact Lucy Robbins, Head of Access Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 915-7198.
Access to the library's government depository documents will be given Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. Visitors must present a government issued photo ID and sign in at the entrance to gain access. Access to the Federal Depository Collection entitles members of the public to use those publications received through the Federal Depository Library Program only; it does not entitle use of the Law Library’s general collections, services, or physical space; users must remain within the depository use area at all times. Once the user has completed his/her use of the federal depository documents, he/she is required to leave the Law Library promptly. Patrons who need access to the collection must request specific assistance at the reference desk in order to be directed to the appropriate depository resources.
Guests of Loyola Law Patrons
Current Loyola University Chicago School of Law faculty, staff, and students may accompany a limited number of guests to the library. This policy allows Loyola Law patrons to bring a guest to the library for collaborative study, and is not designed to accommodate visitor use of library collections or equipment.
All guests must be personally accompanied by a host student at all times. The host student must present his/her valid Loyola University Chicago ID card and the guest must present a government issued photo ID and sign in at the entrance of the library to gain access.
Non-Loyola University Chicago School of Law patrons may not bring in guests.
Special Access Periods
In order to facilitate preparation for final exams the law library allows full access only to current Loyola law students, law faculty, law staff, alumni of the Law School, and Loyola paralegal students. This period usually begins 3-4 weeks prior to the beginning of Law School exams. Other current Loyola students that need Law Library items or research assistance will be directed to the reference desk. Please see the library's calendars for the exact dates of our restricted access period.