Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Census 2020: Census Bureau's website
The Census does not ask
The Census will not send unsolicited e-mails. Also, the 2020 Census does not ask for:
- Your Social Security Number
- Money or donations
- Anything on behalf of a political party
- Bank or credit card accounts
If you suspect fraud, contact 1-800-923-8282.
For further information about avoiding Census scams, go to Avoiding Scams Online.
For further information about what the Census does not ask, go to Questions Asked.
Census Bureau employees
To identify a Census Bureau employee:
- Check for a valid ID badge with photograph, a U.S. Department of Commerce watermark, and expiration date.
- For concerns about the identity of a Census Bureau employee, call 1-800-923-8282.
For further information about avoiding scams, go to Avoiding scams.