Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About This Page
This page contains links to and descriptions of law journals and other periodicals that may contain useful articles related to trial advocacy. This page also contains practical tips for accessing articles using periodical indexes and databases.
Finding ADR-related Articles
'How to' articles and articles describing best practices regarding different aspects of alternative dispute resolution like 'negotiation' or 'client counseling' often prove helpful. One can locate these articles by perusing relevant journals or by searching for articles using either a periodical index like LegalTrac or a dedicated periodical database. For example, a search for full-text articles in LegalTrac on the subject of 'collaborative law' and which contain the keyword 'family' produces a list of about 90 relevant articles from a variety of law journals and legal news sources. Below are sources for articles listed in alphabetical order
- Google Scholar Legal Opinions and Journals
In addition to case law, Google Scholar provides access to online versions of law reviews and other scholarly legal secondary content. If the content is included in a Loyola database (including HeinOnline), Google Scholar will provide a link to the full-text version available through Loyola.
- Index to Legal Periodicals & Books (Print Resource)
A print format index, the Index to Legal Periodicals and Books, is located in the Law Library's third floor reference section at Call Number K 33 .I545. It covers over 800 periodicals, and extends back to the 19th century, making it invaluable for historical research.
- Legal Scholarship Network(LSN)
Part of Social Sciences Research Network (SSRN), LSN offers a database of recently published articles and works-in-progress. Not all works-in-progress appear in LSN, and not all articles are available in full-text; LSN is, nevertheless, a good source for recent articles. Students, staff and faculty can aregister for SSRN using their Loyola e-mail address.
To search to law review and journal articles, from the main search box filter by category: secondary sources, and then restrict to Content: Law Reviews and Journals.
To search to law review and journal articles, from the WestlawNext Home screen choose Secondary Sources and then choose Law Reviews and Journals.
The following journals contain useful articles on all aspects of alternative dispute resolution:
- American Journal of Mediation: HeinOnline
- Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw
- Dispute Resolution Journal: Westlaw
- Dispute Resolution Magazine: HeinOnline, Westlaw
- Harvard Negotiation Law Review: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw
- Journal of Dispute Resolution: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw
- Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw
- Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw
- Resolved: Journal of Alternative Dispute Resolution: HeinOnline
- Willamette Journal of International Law and Dispute Resolution: HeinOnline, Lexis+, Westlaw